Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Skipper

As I've pondered what my first blog should be about, I find nothing better than to introduce myself. To begin, my name is Tommy, yet I've accumulated numerous nicknames over the years including T, as Belle in the City refers to me in her blog, Tommyboy, and Bones. But for all intensive purposes in this blog I'll refer to myself as "The Skipper" or "Skip." Random, but it does have its meaning in more ways that one. One because of love of boats, but more importantly as it the last name of my mother's side of the family, and my grandfather's nickname.

I'm pretty much your average southern guy with a passion for carrying on the long-standing but dying breed of the "Southern Gentleman." We're still here, we still say yes ma'am, open doors for women, and carry ourselves with a certain sense of pride. I enjoy spending time on boats, fishing, and pretty much anything coastal related. I'm what you'd call an inland beach bum I guess. 


I wanted to create this blog to give an glimpse into my life. I want to share with y'all everything from music to clothes, sports to food, and who knows what else. I will do my best not to rant and bore, but to entertain and keep y'all wanting more.




Photobucket

1 comment: