Friday, January 21, 2011

Tijuana Flats



Last February in my chaotic life of business trips, I found myself in Orlando, Florida. When I found out that I'd be heading to Florida in the dead of winter, I couldn't have been more excited. Unfortunately, I happened to catch Central Florida in a cold snap where the temperatures never left the 50s. Regardless, it was a great trip that was filled with trainings, meetings, and not having to worry about money.

While in Orlando, I ate at all kinds of restaurants, but one really stuck with me. Insert Tijuana Flats. I was taken to lunch at the Thornton Park location in Downtown Orlando one day. On the surface, to be honest I was not in the mood to Mexican food at all this particular day, but once I walked in the door my thoughts changed immediately.

Two Taco combo with chips, rice and beans. Hands down the best that I have ever tasted. And don't let me begin to leave out the sauce bar. These folks have every type of taco sauce you could ever imagine. Hot. Mild. Spicy. Sweet. Tangy. You name it, they have it. While eating I got a history lesson on the chain from a business associate who lives in Orlando.


Leaving the restaurant, I thought, man I wish we had one of these back home in Raleigh. A quick look on Google on my BlackBerry proved me wrong and sure enough there was ONE in the State of North Carolina and it was in Raleigh. Since then, this place has become my go-to spot for my Mexican fix. Sorry Moe's and all the other La Rancharitas, El Rodeos of the area, but Tijuana Flats has you beat.

About a week ago, I learned Tijuana Flats was expanding in the area and adding a location in Cary, NC which is much closer to me. I was there opening night...Did you really think I was going to miss something like that. One taste and it takes me back to Sunny (but cold) Central Florida and lunchtimes strolls around Lake Eola.

Point to my blog...If you're in Florida or one of the other areas where a Tijuana Flats is located, GO. You will not be disappointed.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment